Friday, October 9, 2009

Guide for Finding the Perfect Second Home Part 3

Early in the process of finding a property and using a Realtor the discussion of agency relationships should come up. In Colorado we have a disclosure form which explains the different agency relationships. There are three choices, Buyers Agent, Sellers Agent or Transaction Broker. I usually work with buyers and sellers as a Transaction Broker, which means I get the facts to both parties, but I am not an advocate for either. I can show you what has sold in the area because the sales information is public record. I can’t say why the seller is selling or anything about the sellers, but I will tell you everything I know about the property. The reason I work as a Transaction Broker is that many times I’m showing my own listing, Colorado does not allow Duel Agency. Don’t tell me anything you wouldn’t want me to be able to pass on to the buyer, seller or other agent. It is possible for me to work as a Buyers Agent, but not a good idea if you are looking at one of my listings.

No comments:

Post a Comment